Interim Report – 3 months 1 January-31 March 2021
Published 29 april 2021, 08:00
- Revenue amounted to MSEK 2,325 (1,539), with the change compared with the previous year primarily attributable to the acquisition of Swedol.
Compared with revenue for the corresponding quarter in the preceding year including Swedol (MSEK 2,368), revenue declined by 2 percent.*
- EBITA amounted to MSEK 125 (91), corresponding to an EBITA margin of 5.4 percent (5.9). The change compared with the previous year is primarily attributable to the acquisition of Swedol.
Compared with EBITA for the corresponding period in the previous year including Swedol (MSEK 134), EBITA declined by 7 percent while the EBITA margin amounted to 5.4 percent (5.7).*
- Operating profit amounted to MSEK 108 (80) and the operating margin to 4.6 percent (5.2).
- Net profit for the quarter amounted to MSEK 77 (54) and earnings per share totalled SEK 1.55 (1.95).
- The return on working capital (EBITA/WC) for the most recent 12-month period (including Swedol) was 31 percent.*
- Cash flow from operating activities improved to MSEK 215 (105).
- The equity/assets ratio at the end of the quarter was 39 percent.
- Demand during the quarter showed indications of a recovery compared with the most recent quarter and was characterised by stable demand from small and medium-sized customers in the business area Alligo (formerly Tools, Consumables, Workwear & Protective Equipment) and increased demand from industrial customers in the business area Components & Services towards the end of the quarter.
- The integration between Swedol and TOOLS continued according to plan, with an undiminished focus.
- The business area Components & Services completed the acquisition of four businesses generating total annual revenue of approximately MSEK 285.
- Momentum Group’s 2021 Annual General Meeting will be held on 11 May 2021 and the notice for the Meeting was published on 6 April 2021. A dividend of SEK 1.50 per share (–) is proposed.
AFTER THE END OF THE REPORTING PERIOD
- The Board of Directors to investigate the possibility of splitting the Group into two separate listed companies.
On 9 April 2021, the Board of Directors decided to assign Group management the task of investigating the conditions for splitting the Group into two separate listed companies. The aim is to create increased shareholder value through increased focus.
- The business area Tools, Consumables, Workwear & Protective Equipment has changed its name to Alligo.
On 19 April 2021, the business area Tools, Consumables, Workwear & Protective Equipment changed its name to Alligo. The business area will continue to work with its strong concept brands to customers – but with the launch of the common name Alligo, Swedol, TOOLS and the other companies in the business area are taking the next step in their shared journey of growth. The new business area name has been used throughout this report.
* ACQUISITION OF SWEDOL CLOSED AS OF 1 APRIL 2020
Momentum Group’s acquisition of Swedol was completed during spring 2020 and closed on 1 April 2020. Any instances where the comparative figures in this report include Swedol for the period prior to the closing date on 1 April 2020 are specifically noted.
The bases for the financial history including Swedol are presented in a separate press release dated 24 June 2020 – Supplementary financial information relating to the 2019/20 financial year for the Momentum Group.
STABLE START TO THE FINANCIAL YEAR
We are pleased to report that the general demand situation continued to recover slightly compared with the restraint and caution that characterised 2020, although with certain variations between customer segments and countries, with Norway continuing to experience the most significant negative impact. Through the measures to increase efficiency implemented in 2020 and continuously taken as needed, we have succeeded in maintaining our profitability and are continuing to generate significantly higher cash flows. This provides us with favourable conditions for continued profitable growth, both organically and through acquisitions.
In the business area Alligo, the integration of TOOLS and Swedol is the main focus area. The integration of stores is proceeding according to plan, new common purchasing agreements are continuously being signed and the introduction of proprietary product brands is ongoing in several of the business area’s operations. In parallel, work is under way to reverse the negative sales trend in the industrial segment in order to create a positive earnings and sales trend going forward.
In the business area Components & Services, we are continuing our efforts to achieve acquisition-driven growth (while maintaining profitability) and we successfully completed four acquisitions during the first quarter with total revenue of approximately MSEK 285 and favourable profitability. With these new businesses, the business area has strengthened its market position as a solid supplier of industrial components and industrial services in the Nordic region.
We are investigating the possibility of splitting the Group into two separate listed companies
In an effort to provide the two business areas with better prerequisites to achieve their goals in an optimal manner and thereby increase shareholder value, the Board of Directors has now assigned us in Group management the task of investigating the possibility of splitting the Group into two separate listed companies as well as the conditions for such a split. In the past, we have shown that an increased focus creates positive effects and improved earnings, and our two business areas, which are already operationally independent, have all of the necessary prerequisites to stand on their own two feet. The Board intends to present further information on the results of the investigation during the financial year.
Stockholm, April 2021
President & CEO
Presentation of the Interim Report – 3 months 2021
Investors, analysts and media are welcome to participate in a webcast conference call in which CEO & President Ulf Lilius, CFO Niklas Enmark and Business Area Manager Clein Johansson Ullenvik will present the Report and answer any subsequent questions. The presentation will be held in English.
Time: Thursday, 29 April 2021 at 11:00 a.m. CET.
Web link: https://financialhearings.com/event/12839.
Telephone no: SE +46 8 519 993 83 / UK +44 33 330 092 66 / US +1 83 324 984 05
Ulf Lilius, President & CEO, Tel: +46 10 454 54 70
Mats Karlqvist, Head of Investor Relations, Tel: +46 70 660 31 32
The information in this report is such that Momentum Group AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 8:00 a.m. CEST on 29 April 2021.
This document is in all respects a translation of the Swedish original Interim Report. In the event of any differences between this translation and the Swedish original, the latter shall prevail.
Momentum Group is a leading reseller of industrial consumables and components, service and maintenance to professional end users in the industrial and construction sectors in the Nordic region. The Group has annual revenue of approximately SEK 9,5 billion and approximately 2,700 employees. Momentum Group AB (publ) has been listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since June 2017. Read more at www.momentum.group.